How To Record an Amendment to the Declarations

1. After the vote is recorded, the President and Secretary must sign three copies of the amendments in front of a notary public.

2. Take the signed copies to the King County Recorder's office on the 3rd floor of 500 Fourth Avenue in Downtown Seattle.

3. Go to the Recorder's office and turn into the first office area on your left labeled "Record a Document." Don't get in line. Find the cover sheets along the wall to your right.

4. Fill out the cover sheet, including the following information:

Legal description of the property (abbreviated): Lot 7, Block 46 Suppl. Plat of Pontius 2nd Add., Volume 5, page 76.

Tax parcel: 272380

Recording Number: 780-309-0539

5. Go upstairs to the 7th floor to the Assesor's department. Don't go to Office of the Assessor (the nicest offices) nor to the map room with the huge books of maps. It's the third set of doors. Ask to speak to the Condo specialist—in 2010, that was Diane and Niki. The Condo specialists leaves work sometime after 3pm, so get there early. You can also try calling 206-296-5117 to make sure one of them is in (this was Diane's number in 2010). The Assessor's office will take one signed and notarized copy of the Amendments, and stamp and initial a second. You'll have to leave your phone number in case the Assessor's office has questions or concerns about the amendments.

6. Go back down to the 3rd floor, but this time head down the hall to the "Retrieve a Document" area and talk to the person behind the desk to your right: it should be a fellow named Walter.

7. Walter will take one notarized copy of the Amendments for the County, and will stamp the second copy for the HOA's records.

8. Pay Walter (it will cost more than $60).

You're done.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License